I’m pleased to say I’ll be teaching PiYo Live at the University of Maine at Farmington Health and Recreation Center!
Join me on Tuesday nights at 5:30p and Thursday mornings at 9:15a for a half-hour PiYo workout! It will be intense, and you will sweat, but don’t worry—I’ll show modifications, and you always work at your own pace.
Zumba Gold at I’l B Fit (Rumford) is over for the summer. Thanks to the dedicated ladies who made it so much fun! We’ll be back in the fall.
Here’s the ZG playlist we ended with:
* Anderlecht Champion (Euro 2000 Ole Ole Ole Mix) by Eurostars – Warmup – ZIN MM 29
* All About That Bass (Meghan Trainor) – Pop – BY REQUEST – ZIN 54
* Wine It Up [Radio Edit] [feat. Nappy Paco] by DJ LBR – Moombai Rock – ZIN MM 42
* Demon Dance by Parov Stelar – Electro Swing
* Wild Thing by Ton-Loc – Rap & Hip-Hop – ZIN 61
* Come Back To Me by Periko – merengue – ZIN MM 51
* Rollin’ (The Ballad Of Big & Rich) by Big & Rich – Country-western
* Difícil by Jorge Villamizar feat. Oscar D’León, Descemer Bueno & Mola – Salsa – ZIN 61
* Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO – Pop – ZIN 42
* Vaivén by Daddy Yankee – Reggaeton – ZIN MM 51
* Ex’s & Oh’s by Elle King – Alt Rock
* Papa Loves Mambo by Perry Como – Mambo – CLASS THEME SONG – ZGold Vol 2
* She Bangs (English Version) by Ricky Martin – Latin Pop – ZGold Vol 1
* Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Funk
* Unstoppable by Sia – Cooldown
Extra songs include:
* Emergency [Explicit] by Icona Pop – Pop
* Black Betty’s Worldwide (feat. Heymous Molly) by Xenia Ghali – Dance & DJ
I attended a workshop to teach PiYo Live (through Beachbody) and am SO EXCITED about this Pilates–yoga fusion format! I will begin by teaching a half-hour Flow version of the class, which is lower impact, so participants can get used to the moves, but never fear, I’ll be adding the Power version soon.
Not sure what PiYo is like? It’s low impact but high intensity. It uses only body weight. It does involve getting down on the floor. Moves can be modified to make them less (or more!) intense. Check out this promotional video by Chalene Johnson, inventor of PiYo.
Zumba-ites! Heads up! I am teaching at two Relay for Life events: Fri May 20 @ 6:30p Farmington Fairgrounds; and Sat May 21 @ 11:40a Rumford Hosmer Field (followed by 1:30p Piloxing). Join me!
I’m previewing music and songs; loving Xenia Ghali right now! How about “Black Betty Worldwide”?
The summer schedule has been released! It is available to pick up at the front desk.
The schedule runs May 9–Jun 30, 2016.
I am teaching the following:
Tai Chi Basics (30 min)
PiYo (30 min)
Aqua Zumba (45 min)
* Anderlecht Champion (Euro 2000 Ole Ole Ole Mix) – Eurostars – ZIN MM 29 – Warmup
* All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor – Pop
* Wine It Up [Radio Edit] [feat. Nappy Paco] – DJ LBR – ZIN MM 42 – Moombai Rock
* Demon Dance – Parov Stelar – Electro Swing
* Wild Thing – Tone-Loc – ZIN 61 – Rap & Hip-Hop
* Come Back To Me – Periko – ZIN MM 51 – Merengue
* Rollin’ (The Ballad Of Big & Rich) – Big & Rich – Country (Line Dance)
* Difícil – Jorge Villamizar feat. Oscar D’León, Descemer Bueno & Mola – ZIN 61 – Salsa
* Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO – ZIN 42 – Pop
* Vaivén – Daddy Yankee – ZIN MM 51 – Reggaeton
* Ex’s & Oh’s – Elle King – Alternative Rock
* Papa Loves Mambo – Perry Como – ZIN Gold 2 – Mambo [CLASS THEME SONG]
* She Bangs (English Version) – Ricky Martin – ZIN Gold 1 – Rock/Pop
* Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Funk
* Ya No Puedo Mas – Zumba Fitness – ZIN 58 – Cumbia
* Unstoppable – Sia – Cooldown
Thanks for a great run, faithful Aqua Zumba attendees! The 6-week class is now OVER. Look for it again over the summer, pool schedule permitting. I’ll post about it here, plus we’ll advertise it at the UMF FRC and post it on the facility’s Facebook page.
I added four new songs to the playlist during this last run:
“Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah)” – Andy Grammer [pop]
“Cake by the Ocean [Clean]” – DNCE [pop]
“Ministry of Road MOR” – Machel Montano [soca; MM 48]
“Electro Cumbia” [Zumba original] – BiP [cumbia; MM 40]