Thanks for a great run, faithful Aqua Zumba attendees! The 6-week class is now OVER. Look for it again over the summer, pool schedule permitting. I’ll post about it here, plus we’ll advertise it at the UMF FRC and post it on the facility’s Facebook page.
I added four new songs to the playlist during this last run:
“Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah)” – Andy Grammer [pop]
“Cake by the Ocean [Clean]” – DNCE [pop]
“Ministry of Road MOR” – Machel Montano [soca; MM 48]
“Electro Cumbia” [Zumba original] – BiP [cumbia; MM 40]
I’l B Fit (https://www.facebook.com/ilb.fit.9) in Rumford is taking reservations for Thursday night Piloxing, Apr 7 through May 26, 2016! Boogie over for more info about the class and cost. Drop-ins welcome, but it’s cheaper if you sign up and prepay!
Wondering what Piloxing is? Rejoice in their promo reel:
UPDATE 2015-05-21: The class isn’t doing well in its Wednesday time slot, so for June through August, I’ll teach it at 9–9:45a on Friday mornings. Day care is provided at this time.
I’m offering a Metabolic Conditioning class at the UMF FRC in May on Wednesdays at 4:15–5p (class meets May 6, 13, 20, and 27). If it runs well, we’ll keep it on the schedule over the summer!
Here’s its description:
This class uses circuit bursts of strength and cardio intervals to target both of the body’s energy systems, ATP and glycolysis. Combined upper and lower body moves with weights, medicine balls, and weighted body bars will be interspersed with cardio moves like burpees, bear crawls, and side leaps. The class ends with mat and core work. Participants will work at their own level for timed intervals.
* Listen to the song on YouTube (official music video)
* Buy MP3 at Amazon.com
* Lyrics at MetroLyrics (song is in Spanish)
I’m doing the choreography posted on YouTube by the awesome KickingWithKara. Enjoy!
1. Instrumental intro: Charleston
2. Verse: Side kicks, single single double, with both arms lifting up with the legs, hands flexed out
* Double hop R, double hop L (hitting forward angled right on 1 and 3, then left on 5 and 7), arms push forward, chest height, as you hop
* Monkey arms and circle heel kicks
* Switch sides
REPEAT 1–3 (but this one time, chorus will only go once right and left, not twice)
4. Instrumental hits: slow cross walk with music hits, then shorty George (alternating shoulder lifts) to switch sides, 4x total
5. Drums (call and response): 2 steps, arms out, flip hands down as you step on downbeat
BIG FINISH, with flapping hands!
I borrowed the chorus from Candy on YouTube. Thanks!
* Listen at YouTube
* Buy at Amazon.com (get the 3:28 version)
* Covered as “Bon, Bon” by Pitbull
* March and shimmy on the tootles
* Tap forward on 1, tap back on 3
* Tap becomes a knee up, tap back on 3
* Grapevine RL
INTERVAL 1: feet inching from side to side, palms out and swirling (or… freestyle!)
* SWITCH FEET; tap forward on 1, tap back on 3
* Knee forward on 1, tap back on 3
* Wide taps out; make bigger, add hops and arms
SHAKE; REALLY LONG PAUSE
* Grapevine RL
* Grapevine R, spin back L
INTERVAL 3: feet inching from side to side, palms out and swirling (or… freestyle!)
* Kick front, kick side, ball change, pivot to switch sides
* Wide taps out
* Listen at YouTube
* Buy at Amazon.com
* Lyrics at Metro Lyrics (beware intrusive ads)
I’m using the choreography by talented Zumba instructor Kosheban, available on YouTube here. The choreography is delightfully easy and so much fun!