* Anderlecht Champion (Euro 2000 Ole Ole Ole Mix) – Eurostars – ZIN MM 29 – Warmup
* All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor – Pop
* Wine It Up [Radio Edit] [feat. Nappy Paco] – DJ LBR – ZIN MM 42 – Moombai Rock
* Demon Dance – Parov Stelar – Electro Swing
* Wild Thing – Tone-Loc – ZIN 61 – Rap & Hip-Hop
* Come Back To Me – Periko – ZIN MM 51 – Merengue
* Rollin’ (The Ballad Of Big & Rich) – Big & Rich – Country (Line Dance)
* Difícil – Jorge Villamizar feat. Oscar D’León, Descemer Bueno & Mola – ZIN 61 – Salsa
* Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO – ZIN 42 – Pop
* Vaivén – Daddy Yankee – ZIN MM 51 – Reggaeton
* Ex’s & Oh’s – Elle King – Alternative Rock
* Papa Loves Mambo – Perry Como – ZIN Gold 2 – Mambo [CLASS THEME SONG]
* She Bangs (English Version) – Ricky Martin – ZIN Gold 1 – Rock/Pop
* Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Funk
* Ya No Puedo Mas – Zumba Fitness – ZIN 58 – Cumbia
* Unstoppable – Sia – Cooldown
Thanks for a great run, faithful Aqua Zumba attendees! The 6-week class is now OVER. Look for it again over the summer, pool schedule permitting. I’ll post about it here, plus we’ll advertise it at the UMF FRC and post it on the facility’s Facebook page.
I added four new songs to the playlist during this last run:
“Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah)” – Andy Grammer [pop]
“Cake by the Ocean [Clean]” – DNCE [pop]
“Ministry of Road MOR” – Machel Montano [soca; MM 48]
“Electro Cumbia” [Zumba original] – BiP [cumbia; MM 40]
I’l B Fit (https://www.facebook.com/ilb.fit.9) in Rumford is taking reservations for Thursday night Piloxing, Apr 7 through May 26, 2016! Boogie over for more info about the class and cost. Drop-ins welcome, but it’s cheaper if you sign up and prepay!
Wondering what Piloxing is? Rejoice in their promo reel:
Registration is open for TWO possibilities for Tai Chi for Healthy Aging!
UMF (Farmington, ME) > Mon and Wed, Jan 4 to Feb 24, 2016 (NO CLASS 1/18 and 2/15), 10:30–11:30a, The Landing. Sign up at front desk, UMF FRC, $75 nonmembers, free members. Class minimum: 5 (already met). Class limit: 15.
I’l B Fit (Rumford, ME) > Tue and Thu, starting Jan 5, 2016, 9–10a. Sign up with Cindy or Ivy, $30 for 6-class block. Class minimum: 5 (not yet met). Class limit: 15.
The class uses a simplified, modified form of tai chi to work with the 60-and-over population on balance. The class may be performed entirely seated.
I attended classes at Brookline Tai Chi to prepare to teach Tai Chi for Healthy Aging. I am currently offering the class on a trial basis at the UMF Health and Fitness Center, Farmington, Maine; and at I’l B Fit, Rumford, Maine. I will post again when the new sessions begin and enrollment opens. I have received good feedback and am excited to continue the course; progress with the students; and work with the ambulatory over-60 target population.
The class, which uses a simplified form of tai chi, a Chinese martial art that uses slow, mindful movements, is open to ambulatory adults, including people in chairs. The class aims to teach participants to view falls and fear of falling as controllable; to set realistic goals for increasing mobility and activity; to foster greater understanding of fall risk factors; and to increase strength and balance through exercise. Since 2010, Brookline Tai Chi has offered the course in collaboration with Dr. Fuzhong Li, Oregon Research Institute, to create an evidence-based fall-prevention protocol.
Here’s a promotional video from 2010 with more information. (Please note that the students are performing relatively advanced moves! But it looks really cool, doesn’t it?)
* Celebrate – Pitbull – pop warmup
* Wine It Up – DJ LBR feat. Nappy Paco – Moombai rock
* Menea La Pera – BiP – merengue (ZIN 51)
* Talk Dirty [Clean] – Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz – funk
* Shot – Jaiko El Prototipo – reggaeton
* Baila Mi Son – Ensamble – salsa
* Get Low – Dillon Francis & DJ Snake – rock/pop
* Hey Alicia – Zumba feat. Myrto Meletiou – cumbia (ZIN 54)
* Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – funk
* Fireball – Pitbull feat. John Ryan – dance (ZIN 55)
* Chacha Swing – Zumba feat. Zona Prieta – swing (ZIN 51)
* All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor – pop
* Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix Radio Edit) – Omi – pop cooldown
By request, here is my 45-minute Zumba playlist! I’m not currently on the schedule for regular Zumba classes, so if you see me, it’s because I’m subbing.
Thursday night Piloxing classes at I’l B Fit in Rumford have been canceled for the summer. However, Zumba Gold on Monday nights is still a GO.
There will be no ZG classes on June 29 or July 13, as I will be out of town then.
On July 12, I will be in Kansas City doing the Piloxing Knockout training. Can’t wait, and I hope to be able to offer the class! Stay tuned for more details. Meanwhile, here’s the Piloxing Knockout 2015 promo reel: