* El Marciano (Merengue)
* We No Speak Americano (pop) – Yolanda Be Cool Vs. Dcup
* Pusha Pusha (axe)
* Hava Nagila (Hora)
* Forget You (pop) – Cee Lo Green
* Sabes Que Te Gusta Bailar (swing)
* She Bangs (English Version) (Latin pop) – Ricky Martin
* Los Campeones de la Salsa (salsa) – Willy Chirino
* Papa Loves Mambo (mambo) – Perry Como
* Kiss Kiss (belly dance)
* Why Haven’t I Heard From You (country-western line dance—Cowboy Boogie) – Reba McEntire
* Pata Pata (reggaeton)
* Feeling Good (cooldown) – Michael Bublé
If an artist isn’t noted, then it’s by Zumba or I use the Zumba cover.
The October schedule at the UMF FRC has been released! I will be teaching the following classes:
Tuesday: Aqua Zumba 5–6p (starting October 8)
Saturday: Zumba 9–9:45a; Aqua Zumba 10–11a
The Aqua Zumba classes are constrained by the pool schedule, so there are no Thursday classes in October and the class times have changed. Mark your calendars!
I just signed up for the Zumba instructor conference in Los Angeles, California, January 31 to February 2, 2014. I’ll be certifying for Zumba Sentao (a chair-based cardio class) and attending a bunch of fun sessions and master classes. I can’t wait, and I plan to bring some super fun ideas, plus lots of extra energy, to my Zumba classes.
The schedule at the UMF FRC is changing for the next 2 weeks.
This week, the week of August 12, 2013, there are NO AQUA CLASSES. The pool is shut down for 2 weeks.
Next week, the week of August 19, 2013, the entire facility is CLOSED for Shutdown Week.
Thus I am teaching the following upcoming classes:
* Wed Aug 14 @ 9a: Zumba Toning
* Thu Aug 15 @ 4:15p: regular Zumba
* NO AQUA ZUMBA on Aug 24 @ 10a
I recently certified for FIERCE4 with Janis Saffell. Fight, Fun-k, Fitness, Fusion are the 4 Fs. Hit the link to view clips of the class. The other founder of the class is Pepper Von. He didn’t participate in the training (except in a video, where he taught a Fun-k dance). I did see Pepper around, and I took a Zumba class, a FIERCE4 class, and a Step class (with Janis demo-ing) from him at the convention. He is recovering from an injury.
FIERCE4 is a high-impact cardio class that alternates between kickboxing (Fight) and dance (Fun-k) for the cardio part; then yoga for strength; and finally Pilates mat work for core. All those disciplines? That’s the Fusion. Note how there’s a hyphen in “Fun-k”! There’s a reason for that: people are afraid to dance funk, fearing they will look stupid. But FIERCE4 posits that anyone can dance: after all, it’s just walking in patterns with attitude. The Fun-k portions are breakdowns, so over the course of an entire FIERCE4 class, you will learn a routine.
For those interested in comparing and contrasting FIERCE4 with Piloxing: FIERCE4 is more highly choreographed and is less repetitious. In terms of instructing, FIERCE4 is more like the aerobics classes of yore: 32-count choreo, switch sides, but sort of freestyle, in part because the Fight and Fun-k blocks are timed (because they are at different tempos). So when the music switches, you have to move on.
No Aqua Zumba classes until August 27. Aqua classes that are not Zumba will be taught in place of Aqua Zumba by other instructors.
The pool is closed the weeks of August 12 and August 19.
The entire facility is closed the week of August 19 (it’s Shutdown Week, for maintenance). All classes except aqua classes resume Saturday, August 24.
The first day of the new semester is September 4, and a new fitness schedule will begin at that time.
* Nunca Me Viste – Latin Disco
* Coqueta y Sabrosa – merengue
* E.T. – Katy Perry – rock/pop
* Confia – cumbia
* African Dream – African beat (circuit)
* Hecha Pa-Lante – reggaeton/belly dance
* Menea Menea – cumbia – Latin pop (from Zumba Gold-Toning)
* Merehop – merengue/hip-hop (circuit)
* La Negra – La Santa Cecilia – cumbia (instructor’s choice)
* Smooth Operator (Single Version) – Sade (lower body isolation)
* Feeling Good – Michael Buble – cooldown/stretch
All songs are by Zumba Fitness unless otherwise indicated.