* El Marciano – Zumba – merengue
* Sugar On The Side – Blondie – rock/pop
* All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor – rock/pop
* Pasarela – Daddy Yankee – merengue
* Pusha Pusha – Zumba – axe
* Sabes Que Te Gusta Bailar – Zumba – swing
* Papa Loves Mambo – Perry Como – mambo
* Toul’Omry – Newal Al-Zoughbi – salsa–Middle Eastern fusion
* Bailando (English version) – Enrique Iglesias – flamenco
* Tangled Up – Caro Emerald – tango
* A Los Dos Menos Diez – Zumba – cumbia
* Cupid Shuffle – Cupid – Line Dance
* Love Then Gyal – Obie P – cooldown
This is my current Zumba Gold playlist. Enjoy!
I’m teaching MWF PHE at 2:30-3:30p at the UMF FRC for fall 2014. On MW I will be teaching land cardio; and on F I will be teaching aqua. As I am only qualified to teach Aqua Zumba, I imagine that that is what I will be teaching!
Anyone who wants to can attend the PHE classes, so feel free to drop in. I usually post what I will be teaching on Twitter beforehand. Classes proper (after testing and orientation) begin September 10.
The PHE classes are required for UMF students to attend, and they are an intro the genre. Thus we’ll be doing all kinds of cardio—Step, various sorts of Zumba, kickboxing, circuit—as well as introductions to strength training and mind–body classes.
By student request, here is my current playlist for Aqua Zumba!
1. Contagious – electropop / Zumba Fitness
2. La Bomba – Latin pop / Zumba Fitness
3. La Mujere Quieren Mas – merengue / Zumba Fitness
4. El Testamento – techno cumbia / Zumba Fitness
5. Move – pop / Little Mix
6. Suda, la Niña Suda – cumbia electrónico / Javier Voltaje & Vitamina C
7. Here to Stay (feat. Lady Chann) – glitch / Zomboy
8. Loco Corazon – rumba flamenca / Zumba Fitness
9. Tu Cancion – Afro-Colombian hip-hop / Zumba Fitness
10. Mano’ Pa’ Arriba – reggaeton / Papi Sanchez
11. Cogelo – Latin pop / Sie7e
12. Vamos Pal Club – Middle Eastern–reggaeton fusion / Tres Mundos
13. Vivir Mi Vida – salsa / Marc Anthony
14. Hola My Friend – Polynesian rhythm / Zumba Fitness
15. Un Corazon (Pop Version) – pop ballad / Zumba Fitness
Items by Zumba Fitness may be covers; search Amazon or iTunes for the title and listen to a sample to see if it the same song. If it is not available for purchase through one of these venues, it is probably a Zumba original song and unavailable to buy.
I’ve been busy! I attended the Zumba instructor conference in Los Angeles in January–February 2014, where I certified for Zumba Sentao, a chair-based Zumba class:
Zumba Sentao certification
There were over 3000 people there, most of them women, which means that the convention center had to repurpose some men’s restroom’s into women’s restrooms (you know you’re at an aerobics convention when they do this…):
Zumba “women’s” restroom
The weekend after the conference, I certified for Zumba Step. Zumba is launching this one big, and I can’t wait to get started on learning choreography and building a class!
* El Marciano (Merengue)
* We No Speak Americano (pop) – Yolanda Be Cool Vs. Dcup
* Pusha Pusha (axe)
* Hava Nagila (Hora)
* Forget You (pop) – Cee Lo Green
* Sabes Que Te Gusta Bailar (swing)
* She Bangs (English Version) (Latin pop) – Ricky Martin
* Los Campeones de la Salsa (salsa) – Willy Chirino
* Papa Loves Mambo (mambo) – Perry Como
* Kiss Kiss (belly dance)
* Why Haven’t I Heard From You (country-western line dance—Cowboy Boogie) – Reba McEntire
* Pata Pata (reggaeton)
* Feeling Good (cooldown) – Michael Bublé
If an artist isn’t noted, then it’s by Zumba or I use the Zumba cover.
The October schedule at the UMF FRC has been released! I will be teaching the following classes:
Tuesday: Aqua Zumba 5–6p (starting October 8)
Saturday: Zumba 9–9:45a; Aqua Zumba 10–11a
The Aqua Zumba classes are constrained by the pool schedule, so there are no Thursday classes in October and the class times have changed. Mark your calendars!
I just signed up for the Zumba instructor conference in Los Angeles, California, January 31 to February 2, 2014. I’ll be certifying for Zumba Sentao (a chair-based cardio class) and attending a bunch of fun sessions and master classes. I can’t wait, and I plan to bring some super fun ideas, plus lots of extra energy, to my Zumba classes.